Couldn't Activate CC3200 Dev kit on Exosite Portals

Hi,

I run your CC3200CloudDemo-2 in my CC3200 launchpad. launchpad is connected to router with internet. My launchpad MAC is f4b85e019bce. After filling info in device setup it can’t connect my launchpad its buffering only. In my terminal window I get this

[EXO] Exosite Init
[EXO] Couldn’t Activate on Exosite (Add to Account or Re-enable for Activation)

What is the issue?

Hi @sumit0708,

I took a look at your serial number in our system and it looks like you missed the 24 hour activation window. After being registered, Portals devices are expected to activate with the platform within a day. No worries, this is an easy fix; You can re-enable your device for activation in the device details screen.

More info on how to do this can be read here: https://support.exosite.com/hc/en-us/articles/201734384-Device-is-not-activating-or-sending-data.

Happy to help,
-Martin

Hi,

I can’t add my launchpad to exosite portal. I havent’t add any device to my portal.when I add my MAC/board name/location after that i click on continue it shows only bufeering.

@sumit0708,

Did you receive this device from someone else, or have you maybe added it within a different account? I see that someone added this device to a portal but did not activate it.

-Martin

hi,

I brought this CC3200 launchpad 2 years back. I think MAC address is common for all CC3200 launchpad. I burn CC3200 exosite demo code in CC3200. In terminal window it shows as per the below

[EXO] Exosite Init
[EXO] Couldn’t Activate on Exosite (Add to Account or Re-enable for Activation)

Hi @sumit0708,

The MAC addresses for the development kits should be unique. Your terminal output is just a reflection of the state of your MAC address in your platform.

To help you resolve this, I have reset the state of your MAC address. Give registering it another shot.

-Martin