Declaration is incompatible with "int32_t exoPal_atoi(char *)

Hi

I used exosite files from CC3200CloudDemo to another CCS Project. CCS project just calls exosite_write. Building the project I got these errors below.

#148 declaration is incompatible with “int32_t exoPal_atoi(char *)” (declared at line 65 of “C:\EK-TM4C129\exosite\exosite_pal.h”) exosite_pal.c /getting_started_with_wlan_station_exosite_write/exosite line 509 C/C++ Problem
#148 declaration is incompatible with “int32_t exoPal_sendingComplete()” (declared at line 62 of “C:\EK-TM4C129\exosite\exosite_pal.h”) exosite_pal.c /getting_started_with_wlan_station_exosite_write/exosite line 260 C/C++ Problem

I did not modify the exosite files. I do not understand why I get these errors when the declarations and definitions are the same.

The files in question are exosite_pal.c and exosite_pal.h.

Regards,
Markel Robregado

Hi, I was able to solve the error from an advice from stackoverflow. See, post below. I moved the #include “exosite_pal.h” from top #include to the bottom #include.

But, I got a new error. I am asking help at TI E2E regarding this and also searching in the internet.

Description Resource Path Location Type
#258 invalid redeclaration of type name “_u32” (declared at line 360 of “C:/ti/CC3100SDK_1.1.0/cc3100-sdk/simplelink/include/simplelink.h”) .ccsproject /getting_started_with_wlan_station_exosite_write line 47, external location: C:\CCSV6\ccsv6\tools\compiler\ti-cgt-arm_5.2.2\include\stdint.h C/C++ Problem
#258 invalid redeclaration of type name “_i32” (declared at line 361 of “C:/ti/CC3100SDK_1.1.0/cc3100-sdk/simplelink/include/simplelink.h”) .ccsproject /getting_started_with_wlan_station_exosite_write line 46, external location: C:\CCSV6\ccsv6\tools\compiler\ti-cgt-arm_5.2.2\include\stdint.h C/C++ Problem

Hi,

I solve the new error at exosite_pal.c by placing #include stdint.h and re-arranging the #include this way below. I suggest you guys update the file at github.

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <stdint.h>
#include "simplelink.h"
#include "exosite_pal.h"

Regards,
Markel Robregado

Hi Markel,

Thanks for doing this research and publishing it here! We haven’t made changes in our CloudDemo code in a while, so thanks for making a suggestion.

Best,
-Martin