DK-TM4C129X, will it work on exosite?

Hello

I have a DK-TM4C129X development board. Is there an API available for it to connect to exosite cloud server?

Regards
Yash Bhan

DK-TM4C129X can't be added to the portal

Hi @yrbhan -

Thanks for posting! The general rule is that if you can open a socket, then your device can use Exosite. I am not aware of any example code for that device, but that doesn’t mean that someone hasn’t already created it. I would take a look on Github, and on Ti’s e2e forums. You might find something that will accelerate your device talking to the platform.

You should read our Murano HTTP Data API documentation. You can teach your device to talk to our platform with that API for free.

After reading how to read and write data, feel free to get started by registering for an account.

Feel free to write back if you find that you have any questions, or run into any trouble.

-Martin

Hi Martin

Thank you for the reply!
I checked up with TI(e2e forum), regarding the cloud connectivity, and was told that the EK-TM4C1294XL evaluation kit has a default exosite cloud connectivity application that can be executed out-of-the-box. They said that, the program could be tweaked and made compatible with the board that i’m using(DK-TM4C129X). I did that and was able to execute the program on the board. However, im having some issues while adding the device to the ti-exosite portal(ti.exosite.com). When i try to add the device, i get the following error:

“You have attempted to add a MAC Address that is not approved for this device. This may be by error. Please verify the exact MAC Address of your device and if you believe it is correct, use the Feedback system to contact us. (2512)”

I’m stuck at this step, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards
Yash Bhan

@yrbhan -

That is great to hear that you were able to adapt the qs_iot code to work on your device.

I bet your DK-TM4C129X’s MAC address is not in the list of serial numbers we have on file for the EK-TM4C1294XL. Send me a direct message with your MAC address and I will add it to our whitelist for you.

After that, you won’t get that message from the Portals web application, and shouldn’t have any additional trouble.

-Martin

Hi Martin

Thank you for the reply!
I am new to the forum, i couldn’t find an option for direct messaging. Could you please guide me on that.

Thanks & Regards
Yash Bhan

Hi

I figured out how to direct message, have sent you the required details.

Thanks & Regards
Yash Bhan

Hi Martin,

Since he is using a DK-TM4C129X do you need to provide him with a model code, that will be needed when calling exosite_init()?

From what I recall that Exosite Portal is only for EK-TM4C1294XL not for DK-TM4C129X.

Regards,
Markel

Setting up database instance on cloud

Excellent, I saw your message and added your MAC address to the whitelist bank for the EK-TM4C1294XL. You should be able to add your DK-TM4C129X as if it were a EK-TM4C1294XL.

Good point! Normally any proper implementation of a Portals client model would need a specific a vendor ID, model ID, and SN in order to be enabled. This time I think Yash can get away without changing the model because they are re-using the EK-TM4C1294XL client code and matching model inside the Exosite platform.

As far as the platform can tell, their DK-TM4C129X will be a EK-TM4C1294XL.

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

-Martin

Hi Martin

Thank you so much for the reply!
Was able to add the device to the portal. Everything is working beautifully!
Thank you so much for the support.

Thanks & Regards
Yash Bhan