How to use Murano in my own CC3200 Board

I use my own CC3200 board & my code based on CC3200CloudDemo source code v2.
My board & Code can success to work on the cloud (“ti.exosite.com”).
But I want to use Murano to creat my own businesses,
I had created new account & Products in Murano and got Product ID & API Host address.

So, how to modify my CC3200 code to connect Murano ?

Hi @Tom,

This change will take a bit of effort, but you should be able to finish it within a day. The biggest difference is that Murano thinks in terms of Products, while Exosite Portals thinks in terms of Client Models. To use the cloud_demo code to talk to Murano, you will have to change the context of where the device should talk to the platform, ensure that there is a valid product with the same resources as the CC3200 Client Model, and change how the device’s embedded app decides its identity.

###The Long Version:

My understanding is that most of the changes you will have to make will be in the configuration of the provisioning interaction and the host-name of the server that you want to talk to. The structure of the Data API endpoints are not very different from the device perspective.

The CC3200 is hard-coded with the expectations that it talks to ti.exosite.com, that it is a CC3200 model registered with TI, and that its identity is its MAC address. Expressed in Client Model terms this information is:

Vendor: texasinstruments
Model: cc3200lp_v1
Serial Number: {Device MAC}

You can see that this information is used in Exosite to activate. When a device notifies that platform that it is formally in used, and asks for its CIK to be provided. http://docs.exosite.com/http/#activate.

Murano currently uses a very similar service to handle the same server<–>device interaction. This means that you will need to register for Murano and create a new product. The structure of the Murano activate call is similar, and your device information expressed in Product terms:

Vendor: {Product ID}
Model: {Product ID}
Serial Number: {The ID that you chose in the web interface}

Also you will want to recreate the dataports of the CC3200 Client Model as resources of your product. When you define your product, you will want to make sure that there is a matching resource for each data source on your ti.exosite.com/manage/data page.

After you have a created a new Product and substituted its information the Client Model configuration, you should be ready to use the Cloud Demo with Exosite Murano.

###The Short Version:

• Recreate the CC3200 Client model as a Product in Murano.
  • Change your device code to activate like the new Product and create a new device with an identity.
  • Change your device code to use this identity and provide data to the Product’s resources.

Let me know if you have any questions, I am happy to help,
-Martin

Hi Martin,
thank you for your support.
I will try to modify my cc3200 code.
by the way, can you also provide a C example code for Murano provisioning? not Arduino code
thanks

Hi Martin,
thank you!!
I can success to work on the Murano.

[EXO] Exosite Init
POST /provision/activate HTTP/1.1
Host: fp95kebwhpjeb3xr.m2.exosite.com
Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=utf-8
Content-Length: 62

vendor=fp95kebwhpjeb3xr&model=fp95kebwhpjeb3xr&sn=c4be8475a1b1

Response: HTTP/1.1 409 Conflict
Server: nginx/1.6.2 (Ubuntu)
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2016 07:37:02 GMT
Content-Length: 23
Connection: keep-alive

HTTP/1.1 409 Conflict

Tom,

Excellent! It looks like you contacted Murano.

Though is everything right? What you pasted is a 409 error. My guess is that identity has already activated. Is that the response that you expected?

-Martin

Hi Martin,
Yes, everything is right.
Are there any more available Widgets in Murano?
or can I use the Widgets from ti.exosite.com??
thanks

We might extend the Murano Product dashbaord features, but our goal wasn’t to re-create Portals in Murano. That means custom widgets from Portals won’t work in Murano.

Murano is focused on the journey of connecting a product, so that dashboard is to be one step in the process of deploying a full IoT solution.

What are you trying to create with your CC3200?