LED Triggering without declaring as Data Source

hello !

I wish to control my LED based on the output of my temperature sensor.
Only On/Off Switch access the LED and in that code it is declared as a data source.
How can I trigger the LED without declaring it as a Data source ?
Please help me wit some sample code or links.

Hi @Maya -

I don’t fully understand your question, are you asking how to locally control your LED in your embedded app? Additionally could you share which device you are using? There are a myriad of development kits that connect to Exosite, and a large number of them have both temperature sensors and LEDs.

With a bit more information I should be able to help you out.

Thanks,
-Martin

Hello Martin

Sorry !!!
I am working on a CC3200 Wi-Fi Launch pad.
I would like to know how to trigger the LED in that without declaring it as a Data Source. I haven’t shared my device or anything like that. Its mostly like a local control.

Thanks for your Reply.

• Maya

Hi @Maya,

It sounds like you are just trying to turn the LED off and on locally. You are right the Exosite example code expects the device to be connected to the internet, and that its state is modeled and maintained in a dataport. This forum is usually used to talk about how to connect things to Exosite, and how to use our platform.

I think your question is about how to use TIs hardware. Generally your best bet on finding questions on manufacturer’s hardware, will be through their support channels. Ti in this case takes questions on their e2e forums. I did a quick search on their forums and it looks like you can send a value to the GPIO pin the LED is installed on. It also sounds like they have an example application called ‘blinky’ that shows how to do this.

Here is a link to the TI forum post I found this information on, try starting there: https://e2e.ti.com/support/wireless_connectivity/simplelink_wifi_cc31xx_cc32xx/f/968/p/366270/1290813#1290813.

Let me know if you have more questions on how to use Exosite – I am happy to help,
-Martin