OneP VBA Examples

Hi,

I’m going old school as the project involves communicating between VBA script and OneP.

I’ve a gateway device uploading data to OneP. I just want to read and write data using my VBA script. Is there any example code to get started?

Kind regards,
Vijay.

Hi Vijay,

Whew, that is pretty old school – Sorry, I don’t know of any example VBA script code that connects to Exosite.

You will likely find that you will have to wrap our HTTP APIs yourself. The RPC API has a basic structure and a lot of the libraries we have developed go about defining the basic elements of an RPC call before handling the nuances of each procedure in a new function.

-Martin

Vijay,
What is the context and/or client that is hosting your VBA?
I am curious, is it Excel?
I ask as that might be useful for me - to be able to haver an excel sheet that makes HTTP API calls to Exosite to show some data/status.
-james

James,
The host is a SCADA software running on Windows laptop. But a VBA script that runs on Excel should run on the SCADA environment as well. Do you happen to have any such script?

-Vijay.

Martin,

Yes, sadly I’m stuck with this old school task. I’ve not done much research on this yet. But I might soon need Exosite’s help!

-Vijay.

Hi Vijay,
I do not have an existing VBA script that communicates from Excel via VBA to Exosite.
I was thinking of setting this up to give one my client’s team the ability to observe data in Exosite - however, the requirement has not materialized.

If I do end up creating something, I will notify you.

If you end up getting to the point of specific questions, I might be able to pitch in.

-james

Hi James,

I wrote a python script which logs data from OneP to a local SQL server and used VBA to load values from the server.

-Vijay.