TM4C1294 Launchpad not activating

Hey everyone,

I am new to this community as well new to Tiva C series (TM4C1294 launchpad). I want to use Ethernet to connect to exosite. But i am facing problem in activating my device. It is showing my device as active in home menu but when i click on it, it is showing status “INACTIVE” and also displacing a statement like " This device has not yet been activated or does not exist. Please activate your device or confirm the device RID and try again".

P.S: qs-iot file is by-default uploaded in my device.

Thanks in Advance.

Hi @PankajDhingra -

Thanks for posting! It sounds like your device hasn’t been able to contact the platform yet. We made a troubleshooting post on this forum that I would recommend going through: TI Connected LaunchPad Tiva EK-TM4C1294XL Troubleshooting.

The first two things I would check:

• See your ethernet connection is live and that you can reach the server.
  • Check that your SN is not Expired. We expect that devices connect with us after 24 hours of being registered. You can start another 24 hour period by reenabling the device in our system.

Happy to help,
-Martin

Thanks for the reply @martin

I am using my High School Hostel LAN Connection and also I check at that time my SN was not expired

The links say : “‘Expired’ - This means that the device did not activate with-in 24 hours after you added it. You can re-enable the device using that pop-up window and using the Re-Enable function. This will put the status back to ‘Not Activated’ and you’ll need to trouble-shoot why it is not activating.”

How to troubleshoot when it is not Activated???

@PankajDhingra -

MikeA covers this inside the troubleshooting guide for that device. You have the ability yourself to reenable your device and make it ready for activation again:

Does your High School network had a captive portal? When you connect your phone, laptop, or other device to the wireless is there an additional webpage or ToS agreement that you have to interact with before the original site you requested is served?

-Martin

Yes, there is a captive portal on which i have to put my details to get started!

What is the solution then?

I don’t think the TM4C is capable of moving past the captive portal. The solution probably to use the device in a network without that constraint.

Hi…i am a new user here. I want to use Ethernet to connect to exosite. But i am facing problem in activating my device. It is showing my device as active in home menu but when i click on it, it is showing status “INACTIVE” and also displacing a statement like " This device has not yet been activated or does not exist. Please activate your device or confirm the device RID and try again".

pcb assembly firm