Unable to connect to Exosite using Exoline on Windows

Hello,
I have created free account on Exosite portal and Configured one device to read/write data. I am able to write data within portal and I can see CIK assigned.
I have installed Exoline tool on windows and when tried to send HTTP request as
exo write MY_CIK Temp --value="32"
it gives me JSON RPC request Exception [errorno 10060]

Please help me to find out the cause. My aim is to read/write data to/from Exosite One Platform.

Note: 1) MY_CIK is CIK obtained from Exosite portal
2) My laptop has internet connectivity.

Thanks,
Prakash

Hi @Prakash,

How is your device’s dataport configured? Is it an integer, float, or string?

Do you mean to be writing the string “32” or the integer 32?

-Martin

Hi Martin,

It is configured as Integer. But I have tried both ways to send the data since it was not working.
1st way: --value="32"
2nd way: --value=32

Thanks,
Prakash

@Prakash,

2nd way: --value=32

That is the correct way to write an integer using Exoline. Though it sounds like that did not resolve your request exception.

Are you working behind a proxy? I think URLLib uses that error code to describe the case when it could not reach the remote peer.

Hi Martin,

Yes I am using a proxy server. If you want me to try another method, Please suggest.
Also, I am not able to ping Exosite host. I believe I should get ping response like I get from google.com

Thanks,
Prakash

I think your proxy is definitely the issue. If you can workaround the proxy, or have access to configure it, you should be able to use Exoline.

Also, I am not able to ping Exosite host. I believe I should get ping response like I get from google.com

Assuming you are pinging m2.exosite.com, you won’t be able to do that, as we filter ping traffic. If you want to quick test your connection to our platform, try making a call using http://docs.exosite.com/http/#timestamp.

• Martin

I have bypassed the proxy server and then sent data to Exosite portal, I could see latest data reflected onto the portal. Now I’ll try sending data with my WiFi module.
Thanks for your help.

-Prakash